- Reconnecting with friends that you typically talk to 2-3 times a year
- making an excel spreadsheet to keep track of budgets
- waking up at 5:45 am to go to the gym
- Going to the gym and seeing it filled with oodles of new years resolution determined people
- then going to eat breakfast at 7:30 and seeing it as full as you’ve ever seen it because new years resolutions again. Changes people for a few precious days every 365 days.
- Lugging back 15 kg of food from SF to buckle down for the winter and second semester
- Hearing about everyone’s winter vacation then having to ask them again the next day when you see them because their vacation was told 110 stories ago.
- Coming back from winter break and barely being able to Spanish
- Being on track with food eating goals (or at least have been for the past few days…)
- Having a surprisingly warm first week back to upstate NY
- Having the time to go through old sd cards because its syllabus week (cue old photos)
- Being determined to blog
- ^thinking i should end with that one. seems appropriate
feeling like this panda from the tokyo zoo right now. upside down and all sorts of funny
p.s currently sipping on pomegranate white tea from trader joe’s. now i know why it was one of their 2016 best sellers. 2016 isn’t that crazy?! its going to be months before i finally start dating my papers correctly again. i just know it.
a little post from a while ago…
My art professor is very prone to going on very profound sideline tangents in his lectures. His tidbits of wisdom would have been rather awe-inspiring too if they weren’t repeated each and every class preceded by a “I don’t know if I’ve said this…”. But he’s one of the oldest faculty members here and a sweetheart through and through so I
But one thing that really struck me–so much so that I plumb didn’t listen to the rest of the lecture, I just kept turning the thought around in my head. And that was the difference between space and place. He was criticizing the new virtual social world that created a space for everyone to be in on websites like myspace, Facebook, etc. But what we lack nowadays is place. We have our places in society, places in our families, and yet what is our place in the social media and virtual reality that now engulfs us? We’re all just floating about in this space that threatens to pull us in and drown us alive.
And I had more to say about this idea that entertained me for the 75 minutes of class but my brain has been distracted by the girl standing at the paper cutter cutting paper in the most agonizing way possible. She’s attempting to use one of the large ones with a blade that you just whack down on the paper all at once to make a smooth cut. But instead of the satisfying single swipe down, she’s pushing it down in intervals, making little bites into the paper. And all I want to do right now is go over and slam it down for her. But she’s gone now.
oh dear lord she’s approaching again with another stack of paper.
have mercy on her, my patience.
Was scrolling through my old blog posts earlier today and came upon this one. And I was like “heck I knew all that back then?” i sure do manage to conveniently forget.
O wise mei from the past–come and counsel the present time me. whoever said kids didn’t know nothing right? yeezus only a few years out and I’m already forgetting all the times you had when you were a kid and knew you were on to something and the adults just didn’t see it. what an appropriate blog post to chance upon a few days before the new semester starts up again.
I suppose that’s the slice of life ain’t it.
the new year is always such a pensive time
forwards and onwards girl.
Sitting here behind the circ desk work my 26th hour in the past two weeks and dreaming of snuggling with kitties galore because knowing there are two at home in California just make me melt a little bit inside.
Should really get on that ensayo. It’s been a rather productive morning, dare i say it. Probably because I left a bunch of things until (kind of) last minute. This is relatively speaking for me of course. One of the things being a problem set due tomorrow and the other an essay due Monday. The fact I don’t have both done, printed, stapled and tucked away? Shocker.
Kitties have it all figured out I tell you. A day consisting of kitty cuddles and being fed in between naps? sign me up.
So today was filled with not too much productivity.
Although I was once again inspired to start blogging again. I spend too much time watching youtube videos and I just thought to myself–if I watch one less video, just one, and spent that ten minutes putting down bit of something for myself to look back at in the future…how great would that be? I always chastise myself for not a) writing in journals or b) taking enough pictures and yet I never do anything to change it. And I’ve decided I love looking back at old photos and what little journaling I’ve done to continue letting myself pass up on my life.
So in a nutshell what i remember from the day:
- sweet potatoes for dinner (yum yum)
- didn’t have lunch but then hyung ❤ brought me some seaweed in a cup
- wasn’t awfully productive
- first microfinance meeting
- Flute ensemble — getting to play first flute :3
- call ever so briefly with jie jie
- oo my $30 shoes arrived from kohls and i’m not entirely sure but i think i love them.
- glen walk with hyung
- and yah!
Goals for tomorrow:
- Finish econ stats hw
- go to the gym!
- don’t eat bad fatty foods
- wake up early
- Why is it not easier to make collages?
- Why did i not consider the fact coffee ice cream is coffee flavored and therefore it has caffeine before eating it an hour ago?